Recently, our Director, Tony Catt caught up with Jeremy from Farm Owners Academy to discuss farm succession planning. Marrying into a farming family, Tony has a strong understanding of farming businesses and finance, providing an inside view of how to make it work. While succession planning can be a complicated issue for many Australian farming families, it is one that needs to be considered and discussed to ensure the best outcomes for the farm and the family.
Farm Owners Academy has put together this podcast with Tony to cover all you need to know about farm succession planning. The main points covered are:
- Why this is so challenging for so many
- What farm succession really is
- Through good business practice and ‘governance’, we can make succession more successful for families
- The 4 clear, written plans we really need to make this truly effective in practice
- Why the younger generation might need to be respectful and patient in the process
- How to include family members and bring them along for the ride
- How frequently to be discussing this and refining your plan
- How to get started
We hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, please give us a call on (08) 8172 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.